Ive been sick, is that a good enough excuse?!
Hi everyone,
I know you've all been waiting eagerly, so now I will supply, but I have been sick, so I think that is a good enough excuse!
So being sick, I havent actually done anything this week, but last week, me and Sharna did the tourist thi
ngs around London, but not before truly welcoming me to England with a night at the Redback. It was a fun night, but we did have a limit as we needed to get up the next day early, and start our next adventure.So we started bright and early, and wasnt to cold which was good (by the way, not that cold in england means 8 degrees), we got on the tube (my new favourite thing to do) and headed into the city!
We wandered around for a bit, just checking out the surrounding, and went down to SOHO, checked out china town and tried to avoid all the Australians out for Australia day. Eventually we found
a great little Korean Barbeque Restaurant in SOHO that was so cute and out of the way, plus all Sharna felt like was noodle soup. It was a great little restaurant, and when we turned up, we were the only ones in the place, when we left, it was full, very popular!Once we left, we decided to head on, and check out the rest of the city, so we went to one place I cant remember the name of, but Ill put up the picture, that had these HUGE lions in front of them and everyone was climbing on them, and a huge fountain in front of it, maybe it was house of parliament or something! Anyways, there it is.... So from there we walked down towards the Big Ben, and on the way, checked out more sites. The one thing I really love about
England, is that all the buildings are so old and well presevered, i can understand why they are all so expensive. On our way to see big ben, we also passed some guards on horses, just sitting there, i think the guards were asleep! But they were protecting something, and the horses were beautiful. Then we passed someone elses house, a certain number 10 Dowing Street! We didnt see the PM but there was a man with a really big gun outside his door that scared up off pretty quickly! So we kept on walking, and not long after, you turn a corner and there it is...BIG BEN!
After we walked past big ben, we walked over the river to the london eye, and it is HUGE! I havent gone on it yet, but I've got a year, so no rush! But along the river is great, theres also the aquarium along there which we're going to see soon hopefully, this day we just went into the gift shop, and that was fun enough, let me tell you!! After a while of walking along the river, we say some Korean students playing instruments and painting things, so while Sharna played the drum I walked around and had a look at their paintings. There
was a girl sitting down and in front of her it had a sign saying "We will write down your name in traditional Korean calligraphy" so we thought we'd give it a shot, so we wrote down Toula. The girl started with the T and it kind of looked normal, but by the time she got to the O it still looked normal, low and behold, all she did was write Toula, which gave me an idea, I thought I'd sit down by the river, and put a sign up saying "Let me write your name in traditional Australian calligraphy" and see how many people i can get to pay me!!! Good idea huh?! So that was our big adventure this day.
The next day we slept in a bit after our big site seeing day before, but we still got up and jumped on the tube, and headed back into town to visit the Queen. But before we visited the queen, we made it into Harrods, where I bought some sushi, which was very nice, and Harrods is so spectacular for a shop, and the brands, Oh My God its the best, if only I could afford those things!!! After Harrods had worn us out a bit, we went around the corner to Wagamama's, the BEST noodle house (as you can tell from the photos) we will definately be going back there soon! After we filled up on our noodle soups, we headed of to have tea with the Queen,
I have to say, Im quite jealous of the Queen's house, but it wont be long before Im on the thrown next to "King Harry"! I didn't get to see the changing of
the guard this day, but I will make sure to check it out another time, but I did get to see the current guards doing a little dance outside the palace, I wanted to put some music on for them! The flag was flying which means that the Queen was actually home Sharna informed me, and we saw some lights going on and off, so we think when we were there, they were just sitting down for dinner!! That was all we really did that day, because we slept in we didnt have a lot of time to do much before it got dark, plus I was still stuffed after the day before exploring the city. Enjoy and hopefully I'll write again sooner. oxox
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home